To provide highly competent, efficient manpower to meet the ever-changing needs of the global automotive industry and the society.
To impart quality education and training to the students of department, so that they will be well equipped with domain knowledge and skills in the field of automotive engineering and management, along with positive attitude and respect for moral values.
- To create an ambience of academic excellence in which new ideas and research flourish, from which the leaders and innovators could be emerged.
- To broad exposure in the design, development and testing of automobiles.
- To meet the technological challenges and diverse needs of the industry and society in various areas of automobile engineering.
- To equips the learners to excel in a truly competitive industry.
- To provide experiential learning environment for outcome based teaching- learning process.
- To start need based short term courses for the community development.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Graduate shall pursue successful career in automotive and ancillary industry, in the domain of design, testing and diagnostics that meet the needs of glocal companies.
- Graduate shall lay solid foundation of automotive engineering and engineering in general; in order to pursue higher education/certifications and research interests.
- Graduate shall generate employment by being an entrepreneur.
- Graduate shall serve in public/private transport organization and offer services in sectors like insurance, sales & marketing etc.
- Graduate shall contribute to the society in general by becoming professional engineer and responsible citizen of the nation.
- Graduates will demonstrate basic knowledge in mathematics, science and engineering.
- Graduates will demonstrate the ability to design and conduct experiments, interpret and analyze data, and report results.
- Graduates will demonstrate the ability to design an automotive system or a thermal system or a process that meets desired specifications and requirements.
- Graduates will demonstrate the ability to function in engineering and science laboratory teams, as well as in multidisciplinary design teams.
- Graduates will demonstrate the ability to identify, formulate and solve automotive/mechanical engineering problems.
- Graduates will demonstrate an understanding of their professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Graduates will be able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms.
- Graduates will have the confidence to apply engineering solutions in global and societal contexts.
- Graduates will be capable of self-education and clearly understand the value of lifelong learning.
- Graduates will be educated to have an understanding of the impact of engineering on society and demonstrate awareness of contemporary issues.
- Graduates will be familiar with modern engineering software tools and equipments to analyze automotive engineering problems.
- Graduates will demonstrate the ability to manage engineering projects within given time frame and financial constraints.