Rajarambapu Institute of Technology, Rajaramnagar (formerly known as College of Engineering, Sakharale) was started in 1983. Located near Islampur, 7 kms away from Peth Naka off Pune -Bangalore highway, RIT has a green beautiful campus of 17 hectares and buildings on it measuring 54,000 sq.m. RIT has emerged as a leading technological Institute in Western Maharashtra through its dedicated and disciplined approach to provide quality technical education over a period of more than thirty seven years.
RIT : What Is Special About It?
Awards & Achievements at Institute Level
- Secured the “Rank/Band of 101-150” in the “NIRF INNOVATION RANKING 2023” by NIRF, Ministry of Education, Government of India (earlier known as “ARIIA Ranking”) in Private Colleges Category.
- Ranked 35th in top 100 Engineering Colleges in India 2023 and 10th in West India as per survey done by Silicon India.
- Ranked in the Gold Band Grade A in pursuit of excellence towards offering Outcome Based Education under OBE ranking 2023 by R World Institutional Ranking.
- Institute has certified with ‘A’ grade in world institute ranking by sustainable institutes of India Green Ranking 2023.
- "Most Reputed Empowered Autonomous Institute" award at 'Navabharat Education' Summit held in Mumbai, Date - 29th July 2023.
- Team RIT have won the AICTE Lilavati Award 2021-22
- RIT is ranked within top 250 Institutions in India and second in western Maharashtra (NIRF ranking 2021)
- ATAL Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) Band B (Rank between 26th - 50th)
- RIT has received the prestigious award "Most Reputed Educational Institution in Maharashtra" instituted by Navabharat Group
- RIT has been rated as AAA+ institution in Engineering Special Rating - West Zone of India's Best Engineering Colleges 2021 survey by Careers 360.
- RIT has recognized as District Green Champion for Sangli district by MGNCRE, MoE, Govt. of India
- RIT is awarded with Best Knowledge Center Award in ISTE Maharashtra-Goa Section Awards 2020
- RIT has Ranked 43rd in Top 100 T-Schools in India 2019 Rankings & Ranked 9th in West Zone of Maharashtra as per DATAQUEST Survey 2019.
- RIT Team Secured First Prize in Shivaji University Sangli Zonal Table Tennis Competition.
- ICACI RIT Student chapter has achieved 'Excellent University Award 2021' organised by the American Concrete Institute, USA.
- RIT IIC has secured 3 STARS out of 4 STARS in the IIC Annual Performance 2021 in Western/WRO region. Institutions with 3 STARS are emerging institutes with high potential to become best performing institutions.
- Received grant for Idea Lab- Worth - Rs.55 Lakhs from AICTE
- RIT wins 14th State Level Award for Excellence in Energy Conservation and Management, MEDA Pune
- RIT is awarded with Best Autonomous Institute with Global vision at the hands of Hon. Vinod Tavade, Education Minister, Govt. of Maharashtra.
- RIT Declared as a "Most Innovative Brand" in Maharashtra by Maharashtracha Lokpriya Brand 2019 (Arthsanket)
Awards received by Faculty & Staff:
- UBA 2.0 sanctioned 2,00,000/- funds for research project proposal submitted by RIT
- ICTIEE 2022 Awards Selection Committee has identified Dr. Sandeep R. Desai, Associate Professor, Department of Automobile Engineering as an Awardee for the category, “Excellence in Academic Leadreship”.
- ICTIEE 2022 Awards Selection Committee has identified RIT team as an Awardee for the category: “EXCELLENCE IN COMMUNITY OUTREACH THROUGH PROJECTS” for the Project: “Solid Waste Management for Bhilawadi Village” by Final Year B Tech project group under the guidance of Dr. S. S Kumbhar. The project work was done under Unnat Bharat Abhiyan.
- Mr. V. L. Hase, Librarian, RIT, Awarded with "Best Librarian Award" for the year 2021-2022 by Vertex Research & Technology Tamil Nadu, India.
- NVIDIA Corporation has granted Prof. S. U. Mane NVIDIA DLI University Ambassadorship and Certified Instructor
- Prof M. V. Pisal received a grant of Rs. 53 Lakh from RGSTC, Maharashtra
- Prof. Lokesh Patil received a grant of Rs. 20 Lakh from RGSTC, Maharashtra
Awards received by Students:
- Team Galactus Racing has secured AIR 4 in the Mega ATV Championship held in Goa from 12-14 May, 2022.
- Mrudula Dayanand Suryawanshi from FY-CS_IT has participated in the University Level Elocution Competition organized by Yashwantrao Chavan College of Science, Karad under Shivaji University- Kolhapur on 5th February 2022.
- Mr. Ruturaj Y. Patil, B.Tech Mechanical Selected in Shivaji University Basketball Team for West Zone Inter-University Basketball Championship will be held at Jiwaji University, Gwalior from 08th to 14th March 2022.
- Sakshi Surendra Chougule from TY-CSE has participated in the State Level Elocution Competition organized by Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad, Jalgoan under Yuvak Saptah 2022 and Azadi ka Amrut Mohatsav on 19th Jan. 2022.
- Miss. Chaitrali Patil, T.Y. Electrical, Secured Silver Medal in Shivaji University Inter-Zonal Rifle Shooting Competition 2021.
- M. Tech. Mech. Thermal Engg. Student Mr. Randhir Y. Chavan (Faculty of RIT Diploma Automobile) received the Best Research Technical paper Award.
- Chaitrali Patil from TY B. Tech. Electrical Engg. has got 9th Rank in 10 Meter AIR RIFLE (NR) Junior Women Individual Competition.
- TEAM NEQUIT secured All India Rank 4 in Team Management Strategy & overall rank is 29 in an electric event of FORMULA BHARAT ESEV 2021.
- Mr. Akash Mahajan from TY B.Tech- IT class recognized as a Winner in IITB-ISRO-AICTE Mapathon, an initiative of the FOSSE(Free/Libre and Open Source Software in Education) Project, IIT Bombay in association with ISRO and AICTE.
- Team E Cell RIT Secured First Rank in National Entrepreneurship Challenge, Organized by E Cell IIT Bombay
- Mr. Tanmay Bhosale, TY B. Tech - ETC student, received IUCEE Student Leadership Award 2021 at ICTIEE 2021
- Automobile Engineering Department’s Team "Mritunjay" Secured All India Rank 7 in iSAFE 2019-20 championship.
- Team Luftwaffe 6.1 (Go-Kart Racing Team) has again grabbed All over India 1st rank in the final round of Go-Kart Racing Championship