Facilities Innovation and Entrepreneurship Initiatives in Campus through Incubator
- Engineering Exploration Design Project– EEDP (Pre-Incubation Facilitation)
- Entrepreneurship Development Courses (for 1st, 2nd & final year B. Tech.)
- First Year Engineering – Creativity, Design Thinking and Entrepreneurial Mindset.
- Second Year Engineering – Innovation Tools and Methods.
- Final Year B. Tech. – ED Track
- Living Labs (Pre-Incubation Facilitation):
- Build Autonomous Electric Vehicle -AEV
- Industry Revolution 4.0 - IoT – IRIoT (smart-campus ideas)
- RIT-TBI (NRiT) - Technology Business Incubator – as an Individual Entity.
- Skill Development Centre –Skill Based Courses
The incubator is having pool of Mentors in different sectors for providing the guidance to incubated start-ups. The service really helping to start-ups to grow from ideation to successful product commercialization. We have pool of mentors from Local Industry and Academia to help start-ups at different levels. Our incubator is supporting to start-ups with more than 10 mentors from different sectors. Now all the mentors are supporting to 34 Ideas selected through Ideathon.
- Pre incubation & Incubation Support
NRiT RIT-TBI helps start-up companies by providing various services like management guidance, assistance in various services, consulting to young growing companies and promote the concept of growth through innovation and technology.
Business incubation is support provided to start-up enterprises through the delivery of technical mentorship and entrepreneurship eco-system with the aim of improving their chance of survival in the early phase of the life span and establishing their later intensive growth. All alumni students, budding entrepreneurs in western Maharashtra region are encouraged to take advantage of TBI.
With constant efforts from last 2 years, Incubator team could able to create the culture of product development in Campus through various initiatives like Idea to Product development and research to product development. We are collaboratively working with institutes R & D department and commercialized 6 products in market. In this product development culture, we are involving the students from first year to last year so that they can experience the whole cycle of product development and with this culture 2 start-ups have their own product and is under commercialization.
As shown in photos, we have created 2100 Sq. ft. Thinkering Lab with Mechanical and Electronics/Computing facilities as well as components to build the products.
Incubator is working in collaboration with Institutes Research and Development Cell is established to promote research activities at Rajarambapu Institute of Technology;
- Lab equipment and furniture present at the incubator:
- Host Institute has invested more than Rs. 1 Crores for Incubator Initiatives.
- Thinkering Labs & Learning Studio.
- IRIoT: Smart Campus Ideas.
- Industry Revolution 4.0 .
- Autonomous Electric Vehicle (AEV).
- Monitor and administer Research programs for Faculty, Students & Industries to undertake quality research.
- Product Commercialisation.
- Other research related activities.
- Promotion of IPR.
- To conduct idea presentation for SEED funding.
R & D Policy:
- Best Researcher Award Policy.
- Guidelines for Organizing Workshops / Seminars / Conference.
- Idea Competition UG and PG.
- R & D Policy for Faculty and Students.
- R & D Policy for Students.
- Intellectual Property Policy.
- Financial Support (SEED Funding)
We have supported for seed funding through government scheme and through Institute seed support. Six start-ups have received the grants of Rs.2 Lakh each. However, we are looking forward for next level seed funding from MSiNS.
E-Cell for Students:
- Entrepreneurship Development Cell RIT (E-Cell RIT), is a core branch of Student Activity Cell (SAC) of CIIED RIT.
- E-Cell is Inaugurated on 14th February, 2019 with the vision "To develop an ecosystem that will nurture the development of the Entrepreneurial mind-set of the RIT community; which will be able to solve the problems profitably”.
- Total 50 students are the club members
- Winner Hackathon E-summit 2019 IIT Powai
- Second Runner-Up National Entrepreneurship Challenge 2020
- Winner National Rocketry Competition 2019, etc.
- Secured 1st Place in National Entrepreneurship Challenge 2021 organized by IIT Powai
Space Club of RIT:
- Established on 27th June, 2017 with the vision "We want to create a culture of fearlessly thinking, designing, and building ideas in the field of space research. Just like space, we will never have any boundaries on thinking, which will lead us toward the great ideas. We will work honestly and morally to bring those ideas into the motion. We want to spread the power of optimism in the community where we serve and we will expand the community day by day”.
Space Club Achievements:
- National level Rocketry competition winner at SDNx
- Rockets at the height of 600m with the deployment system
- Successful compilation of Balloon satellite with full recovery and successful payload work in collaboration with IISER Bhopal
- 10 Licensed Radio Operator (2 General Grade + 8 Restricted Grade)
- Balloon Satellite and cloud seeding projects are in pipeline
- MOU signed with IISER Bhopal and IIGM (Indian Institute of Geomagnetism)
ED Track and Entrepreneurship Development Courses:
- Students can develop and apply an entrepreneurial way of thinking that will allow them to identify and create business opportunities that may be commercialized successfully.
- Creating innovative impact is at the center of RITIC's work and is integral to the business models of the entrepreneurs we work with.
- We walk in the shoes of our entrepreneurs in order to truly deliver high-touch incubation.
- For 1st, 2nd & final year B. Tech:
- First Year Engineering – Creativity, Design Thinking and Entrepreneurial Mind-set
- Second Year Engineering – Innovation Tools and Methods
- Final Year B. Tech. – ED Track
Keeping in view these National Programmes, Ministry of Human Resource Development directed All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi to run the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana for Technical Institutions (PMKVY-TI)
Achievements – 3 Years
- 15 different Skill Courses floated
- 793 Students trained
- Placements : 200+
- Rs. 85 Lakh sanctioned & Rs .69.5 Lakh received